by Nicole Porlier, Culinary Nutrition Expert
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (put cans in fridge overnight) liquid removed)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ice wine
- 2/3 cup of coconut sugar + more for topping
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 quarts of hot water
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut cream. Itâ€™s okay if a tiny bit of the liquid gets into the pan but for the most part, you ONLY want the cream and not any of the liquid at the bottom of the can.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and icewine and heat the pan over medium until it just starts to simmer. Once simmering, take off of heat, cover, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- When the coconut cream mixture is nearly ready, cream together the egg yolks and the sugar using a stand mixer or hand mixer. Whisk until the yolks start to get lighter in color and the mixture is a bit fluffy.
- While whisking, pour the coconut cream mixture into the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Prepare your baking tray by placing a couple paper towels into the bottom a baking tray with high sides (I used a 13Ã—9 pan and it was great). This will prevent your ramekins from slipping while you carry the tray.
- Place four ramekins into the baking tray and pour the crÃ¨me brulee mixture evenly into the four ramekins.
- Take your hot water and pour it into the tray so it fills it up HALF WAY up the side of the ramekins. The water helps the crÃ¨me brulee to cook more evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. Theyâ€™re done once the top is solid but STILL has a good little bit of a jiggle to it, kind of like pudding.
- Once out of the oven, let cool enough so that you can touch the ramekins with your hands. Place in the fridge for AT LEAST 3 hours but preferably over night. (they can sit in the fridge for up to 2 days).
- When ready to serve, take out of the fridge and pour about 1-2 tablespoons onto the top of each crÃ¨me brulee. Using a kitchen torch, torch the tops of each ramekin so that the sugar is fully crystalized and it has a nice deep golden brown color.
- Serve immediately
We recommend a nice cold glass of Ice wine to pair with this delicious desert! Enjoy!